Lately, I've been asking myself, "Who am I?". Much like the Holy Father and many other political and religious leaders, I simply find myself at a lack of understanding (and perhaps and unwillingness to accept) who I am. Who am I to be a leader? Who am I to have my thoughts and opinions matter on things. Who am I but a sinner with a broken heart? Who am I?
So as I make my yearly resolution to read through the Bible in 365 days, I decided to start a blog. One of the favorite lines I've ever read is so simply eloquent... "Writing without expectation". So I begin this blog without expectation to be profound or make sense. I write without expectation of writing every day or even making a single post to this blog come February. But here it is.
Truth is, it's possible (and really, my hope) that no one will ever read this. But God is funny in the way of using us in unpredictable ways. Maybe I'll write something noteworthy some day.
In my first group of readings (Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, Proverbs), there was a verse which has never stood out to me before. Proverbs 1:5 says, "Let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance."
Perhaps that's what 2016 should be all about. Letting the wise (or those who think they're wise) listen to God in order to receive their guidance for life. After all, we're all on this Earth for a specific purpose.
Dear Lord,
As I begin to work my way through Your word to us, please let me better listen. Please let me seek Your guidance so that I can better answer the question "Who am I?". Lord, I'm not perfect, but please let me be used to advance Your message here on Earth.
No comments:
Post a Comment