Saturday, January 2, 2016

Fearless

I saw an interesting Facebook post. The author of the post challenged his friends not to set a mostly meaningless list of resolutions, but to set a word that will define their year. My word: Fearless.

Being fearless means doing what isn't easy. It means challenging the status quo. It means looking life in the face when life is scary. It means taking the road less taken. It means letting go of what holds me down so that I can be used to the glory of God.

There are two paths in the woods of life. One that bends with twigs and weeds sticking every which way. And one that's grassy and begging to be taken. I prefer to run through the narrow trails. To have my legs cut up and my shoes muddy. Because once you're in the middle of that trail, there's no turning back, you only stay on the path and keep running until you reach the end of the woods.

The same is true for life. There's no turning back, only focus on conquering the less comfortable path. No matter what lies in our way, we must be fearless and leave it in our wake.

"I - I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference."

#Fearless2016

Dear Lord,

As I begin my fearless journey into 2016, please always be at my side. I know that I will choose to take the more difficult path, but so did You Lord. Lord, please let me follow in Your footsteps and grow ever closer to You. Please allow me, through your grace, to be Fearless in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment